Welcome to the Best Dog Training in Las Vegas!
While some things have changed at Smarty Paws, some things remain the same. Our commitment to the belief that our canine companions deserve to live a stress free, stimulating life that we can enjoy with them. Smarty Paws continues to provide the map to put you and your dog on the correct path!!!
Smarty Paws Canine Coaching is a licensed and insured business in Northwest Las Vegas and now at 4544 W. Russell Rd. in the SouthWest. We provide service dog training for owner-and-dog companionships. We have been in business for over 10 years in the Las Vegas Valley and have provided training to thousands of dogs in a variety of disciplines, including:
- Therapy Dog Training
- Service Dog Training
- Doggie Day Care/Training
The training facility is conveniently located at 4161 N Rancho Dr. Ste 120, Las Vegas, NV and is easily accessible from both I-95 and I-215.
Our New Southwest location at 4544 W. Russell Rd. is 1 block East of Decauter Rd and 1 mile West of I-15. We are located in the Diablo Industrial Center. You will find us on Google Maps.
WE ARE OPEN
- Mon. to Thurs. 7:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Fri. 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Sat. 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Closed on Sunday
At Smarty Paws both owners and dogs will learn new skills to use throughout life, keeping the dog active, and choosing correct activities for its energy! Our goal for all training — whether agility, behavior or obedience — is still to provide training tools in a fun environment so both dog and owner bond through a positive training experience.
Please visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/SmartyPawsDoggieBootcamp
What's Happenin': News & Announcements
SmartyPaws wants you to remember the Holidays with themed photos of your furry friend!
Starting December 1st till Christmas we will have a backdrop and props ready for a Christmas Themed Photo-Shoot. From 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM - Monday through Friday - At 4161 N. Rancho Dr.
Can't make it during the day? Call the office at 702-396-8501 and ask for Vicky, We can also set up Thursday and Friday night by appointment!
Is "South Paw" our location on Russell Rd closer to you - 4544 W. Russell Rd? We can set up there on Saturday mornings by request of our customers! So make sure you call Vicky at the office (702-396-8501) and let her know!
The Price of the Photo-Shoot will be $30.00. Within one week we will have a CD or Flash Drive ready for you to pick up! We will also email you edited copies of your pictures the day after your Photo-Shoot!
Have a great Holiday Season!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Healthy Skin and Coat:
- Clears up eczema - Aids flea allergies, contact dermatitis and itchy skin - Minimizes doggy odor - Reduces allergic reactions - Creates sleek and glossy coats - Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections - When applied topically coconut oil promotes wound healing - Also can help with hot spots, dry skin adn hair, bites and stings.
- Improves digestion - increases nutrient absorption - Helps with colitis and inflammatory bowl syndrome - Reduces or eliminates bad breath - Helps with coughing
- Assists with weight loss - Powerful antibacterial, antiviral and andti-fungal agents - Balances insulin and promotes normal thyroid function - Helps prevent or control diabetes - Aids arthrites and ligament problems - Helps prevent infection and disease - Aids in increasing energy
HOW MUCH COCONUT OIL SHOULD I GIVE MY DOG?
Start slow!! Begin with a tiny amount! Your dog needs time for their body to adjust to the addition of coconut oil to their diet. If you start with a large amount of coconut oil, side effects can include diarrhea and greasy stools.
Start With Small Amounts:
- 1/4 teaspoon per day for small dogs and puppies - 1 teaspoon for large dogs (or 1/4 teaspoon or less if your dog has a sensitive stomach)
After you've let their body adjust, a general guidline for dogs is:
- About 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight daily - or - 1 tablespoon per 30 pounds
DO NOT START WITH THESE AMOUNTS IN THE BEGINNING!
Coconut oil can also be applied directly to your dogs coat and skin. A coconut oil treatment will leave your dogs skin incredibly soft, but it will aslo make it healthier. A coconut oil skin treatment about once a week can make a big difference in the health of your dogs skin and nails.
For good results, apply to the skin and let the oil absorb for about 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes lightly rinse, if you feel you haven't removed the excess oil, finish up with a light application of shampoo and rinse again.
SmartyPaws is in the process of developing its very own calendar for 2015. We have been taking wonderful pictures of some of the dogs that come to Smartypaws and want to share this with you.
If you have a business that you would like to advertise in our calendar, please contact us as soon as possible. We need to send our final proof to the printer soon You may add a coupon or special offer with your ad. We are looking for business card size ads. The price of each ad will be $50.00. It's a great way to get into the hands of other dog lovers and promote your business. It does not have to be a dog related type of business. Contact Donna Foreman at 702-396-8501.